Hanging plates on walls with ribbons is a common issue. These days are there so many ways to hang plates on wall and each way has its own benefits and disadvantages. For example, mounting hanging plates on the wall using nails can damage the surface of the plates or the ribbon. In this article, we will learn how to hang plates on wall with ribbon and while we have to take a look at some of them it’s also a good idea to try something new in your flat home décor.
- Bow Wire Bowdabra
- polka dot ribbon/sheer ribbon
1. Gather all of the items you’ll need to make the plate. I had no idea what to do with this plate until I received some bright polka-dot ribbon.
2. Pass the ribbon through the plate’s holes. Later, you’ll be able to hang the plate from both ends. Leave around 6-7 inches of ribbon on each end. Set aside after cutting.
3. Fold 18″ of Bowdabra Bow Wire in half and place it inside the Bowdabra.
4. Dovetail the ribbon pieces’ ends. To achieve the appearance I wanted, I used a piece of green and red sheer ribbon.
5. Attach the two sheer ribbon pieces to the Bowdabra, tail to the left.
6. On each side, make two loops.
7. Using the Bowdabra wand, scrunch down the ribbon. Thread the two loose ends of the wire through the loop at the other end of the Bowdabra while the bow is still in it. While the bow is still in the Bowdabra, pull the ribbon tight.
8. Secure the bow with the polka dot ribbon.
9. Hang the plate up on the wall.
10. You may also use jingle bells, ornaments, snacks, and other decorations to decorate your new creation and place it in the center of a table. You may even use it as a Santa cookie platter.
How do you use a plate hanger?
The best way to do this is to attach the plate hanger to the plate and then lay the plate flat. The top of the hanger should just touch the flat area on which your plate is resting. Whether it doesn’t, remove the hanger from the plate, bend it, then reattach it to verify if it’s in the right spot.
How do you hang a large brass tray on the wall?
Hanging these trays was straightforward because they are light and not flimsy. 3M Command Strips were employed. To hang the tray, I took the tape from both strips, placed them on the back of the tray, and then pressed the tray against the wall, holding it in place for a few seconds to ensure everything was secure.
How do you measure a plate hanger?
Measure the diameter of the back of the plate from rim to rim to calculate the plate hanger size you require. Taking the measurement from the back guarantees that the measurement includes the flare added by the rim to the diameter of the plate.
We hope you have learned a little more about the basics of how to hang plates on wall with ribbon. While the concept may seem a bit daunting at first, if you keep it simple, and use the tips outlined above, your plate display will look magnificent in your dining room, or wherever else you decide to showcase your fine china.